Tuesday 16 July 2013

All art is quite useless.

Oh my, this heat! What are we going to do with ourselves today, and for the next thirty years!
But no really, I am here craving the crisp autumn weather, but instead I feel like I am here lying in our garden slowly decaying.
Anyway, recently I´ve gone out with two of my favourite babushkas- James Dean and Ann (omg I need to think of some cool nickname for you). Which was of course, amazing. We sat around and chat with Ann at my place and with Johnny I did a decadent "tour de prague" where we almost accidentally stumbled upon the most fascinating bookshop I have ever been to. Its called "Shakespeare a Synové" which is basically just our humble version of the popular Shakespeare and Co. bookshops in Paris and Berlin.
But its only shame I didnt take any photos of that magical place. But I promise, when I come back (and I will, belive me) I´ll try to document it for you.

And for the occasion I wore the outfit That I am about to show you. I was inspired by the elegant and classic nuances of the dandy movement. And it is not a coincidence that I just recently finished reading The Picture of Dorian Gray in english so I sought to find some answers and drabble in what just had seemingly ended. And for that purpose, I dived into the book I am holding on the photos.
It is by the french author Daniel Salvatore Schiffer and it is a brilliant essay on the subjet of dandysm and its leading figures throughout the years. 
It is called "Le Dandysme: La Création De Soi"





Striped blazer-second hand, white lace shirt-Topshop, flower crown-Bershka, high waisted shorts-Topshop, Bag-Camieu, glitter wedges-Rocket Dog


6 comments:

  1. jo to máš recht.... du ty obrazy podpálit....

    JAm

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great (and kudos for the Oscar Wilde quote) <3
    I really want to go to Shakespeare and Sons now, I've never been!! And the book seems really interesting. If I wasn't a 21st century girl, I'd definitely be a 19th century dandy (dating Oscar ehhm).

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you:)

    I think that the idea of the dandy lifestyle continues into our age and right now, it could be possibly even stronger, since we live in such a unpoetic age.
    But to be a 19th century dandy would be quite lovely *-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our meeting was brilliant! It felt so nice having a great time with you. (and I'm guessing, what nick name you will give to me :D)

    ReplyDelete