Friday 2 August 2013

July favourites

Whee, I am two days late, so I guess thats the right time to do the Monthly favourites thing!
Now its all good and dandy that the autumn season (and also my birthday whee) is just behind the doors, but at the other hand I am really bumped out about going back to school in just a month! Seriously I could be recovering from that school for ages...
On a more pleasant note, I am officially doing my first monthly favourites. And since I recently got some new makeup products, it should be pretty exciting! Of course, this being my first monthly favourites I get the chance to include some older makeup products, that I enjoy using throughout the year as well. I know, fool you once, shame on me. (haha reference).




1. Porefessional

Benefit´s Porefessional primer is actually the newest addition to my humble makeup collection.
I must say, that before this I have only tried the Satin make-up base by Dermacol and Rimmel´s Fix and Perfect. But this kinda blew me away and surprised me how it really holds up to the hype that has been built around it.
Firstly, I must mention that this works perfectly for my dry skin and does not cling onto my dry patches. Which is, you know, a big plus! For the application, this is a dream to put on. Its really silky and on the skin and has a nice velvety finish.
But what really amazed me was, how this locked my face makeup and kept it in place.With this, my makeup stayed flawless for 12 hours, no worries.
Overally, I would give this a strong 4 out of 5 creepy emoticons



2. Dermacol Invisible Fixing Powder

Now, again, this is a very surprisingly good product for me! Because even I, as a dry skin gal, can get a little shiny at times. Especially at times like these. And I must say, in the extremly hot and humid weather, the we have been having here, in the Czech Republic, this works wonders! Just because it instantly mattified my skin and did not leave any white casts on my face.
Its an anazing bang for your buck ( or pound, whatever) and it also comes with a handy powder puff and a brush.
I would give this 3 jedi swords out of 5. It does the job very well, but then again, its nothing too mind blowing.



3. Rimmel Apocalips

Let me just tell you straight away, this is one of the best lip products I have tried in a long time! I have this in the shade Apocaliptic, which is a beautiful and extremly vibrant fuschia pink.
This liquid lipstick, although its shiny finish, lasts a long time on my lips. I only noticed, that it started to budge after like 3 hours of wear. And that is with the eating and drinking as well.
For the price of this, I got it in a deal that DM was having couple weeks ago, so I would definitely advise you to get your hands on it while its on a deal.
(Me, my self I am actually thinking about getting the red "Big Bang" one as well, it looks fantastic *-*)
I would give this 5 out of 5 chocolate cat tongues.





4. Essence Nude Glam nail polis in "Iced Latte"

A perfect transitional colour! This polish looks great with summer outfits and bold, bright lips, but I can also imagine this working perfectly in the winter.
And although it started to chip after only a one day of wear, you can´t really go wrong for 39 crowns!
Nothing to add here, I would give this a good 4 out of 5 rainbow farts.(ugh, I don´t even know anymore)



5.  Sally Hansen Airbrush legs

Srsly, If you havent read my full review of this, you dont know how weird and awesome this thing is.
Anyhow, I would give this a 4 chocolate éclairs out of 5 .



So that would be it for this month-horribly-hot-and-dreadful favourites!
Now, time to get back to save up some money for autumn.


1 comment:

  1. Apocalips rocks! However we come to the point of disagreement with Porefessional. My oily skin, which needs a good pore minimizer the most, is deeply dissatisfied with it. It doesn't work at all - there 's no difference between before and after application.... for me it was just a wasted money. ://

    ReplyDelete